Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Gamma-Dynacare Medical Laboratories is currently searching for 2 Patient Services Laboratory Assistants to join our team in the Ottawa, Ontario. These are casual, on-call, positions working various shifts Monday - Saturday. Reporting to the Manager, Patient Services, this skilled individual is accountable for:
- Obtaining quality blood samples and other specimens from patients using skillful venipuncture techniques, performed in keeping with Gamma-Dynacare’s “Caring for People” mission and core values
- Sorting and steering specimens, performing ECG’s,Holter Hookups, paternity, urine, drug and breath alcohol collections
- Ensuring specimens and supporting documentation are completed as required in SOP’s and ready for data entry and transportation to the laboratory following established protocols for the handling of suitable and unsuitable samples
- Ensuring all confidential information is maintained in a secure fashion
This role may be for you if your career background includes:
- Completion of Secondary School and a Laboratory Assistant training program, with specialized training in phlebotomy
- Demonstrated skill in phlebotomy and ability to manage anxious patients through the sample obtaining process in a pleasant, calming and reassuring manner
- Demonstrated ability to data entry information accurately and efficiently with advanced ability to proof-read, identify and correct errors
- Ability to travel to multiple sites
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage in a deadline oriented
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, at a level that enables you to communicate clearly and understandably instructions to patients
If this sounds like you, please introduce yourself. The first step is to submit your information and complete the online questionnaire. If we like what we see, we may contact you to learn even more. Gamma-Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work. We offer competitive pay and great benefits along with a challenging and fun atmosphere. This is your opportunity to have a meaningful career that impacts lives, every day. “Caring for People” is what we do. Join us.