Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Gamma-Dynacare is looking for a Medical Laboratory Technologist to join our Histology team in Ottawa, Ontario. This position is Contract/Part-time(27.5Hours)working day shifts (5:00am-10:30am, Monday-Friday). Reporting to the Manager, Histology this individual is accountable for:
- Performing all aspects of Histology including grossing specimens, embedding, microtomy, routine and special staining
- Ensuring sample identification is correct and specimen requirements are met according to established procedures
- Ensuring quality control standards are maintained and performing routine maintenance on laboratory equipment
- Ensuring patient confidentiality and accuracy of documentation
- Demonstrating Gamma-Dynacare’s core values with every customer interaction. These values include being client and patient-focused, anticipating and exceeding expectations, acting with integrity and treating others with respect.
This opportunity may be for you if your career background includes:
- CMLTO Registration as a practicing Medical Laboratory Technologist in good standing
- Experience working in Histology
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level.
- Solid ability to troubleshoot technical issues and provide recommendations for resolution
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, apply sound decision making principles and self-manage in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to succeed in a collaborative working environment
If this sounds like you, please introduce yourself. The first step is to submit your information and complete the online questionnaire. If we like what we see, we may contact you to learn even more. Gamma-Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work. We offer competitive pay and great benefits along with a challenging and fun atmosphere. This is your opportunity to have a meaningful career that impacts lives, every day. “Caring for People” is what we do. Join us.